Q: Immobiliser light flashing engine system failure and engine not starting.

asked by on December 30, 2016

My car just stoped working to day engine system fault comes up on it and no power going to engine to start what cud that be

Check the engine management control fuse (3amp) in the fuse box next to the battery. this fuse is only 3 amp and can easily burn out giving the symptoms you have. Also check the fuses in the fuse box below the glove box and see if any of the fuses are burned. If the fuses are good, then you will need to scan the engine control module (ECM) to see if there is any codes that are stored for the anti-theft system being active. This will give you a location to diagnose to determine why the anti-theft system is active. Most of the time the system activates if the wrong key is used to start the engine. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your anti-theft system and no start situation.