Q: Ignition central locking disabled

In the morning, the central locking will not work when car opened with skeleton key. Alarm keeps going off Everything immobilized. After leaving key fob in ignition for approximately 1 hour, every thing comes back to life to.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. You probably hav...

Hi, thanks for writing in. You probably have a valet mode that is switchable in your security system. You want to first check that mode and be sure it is set up the way you want it (on or off). If you can use the transmitter, rather than the key, to lock and unlock the car without difficulty, obviously that is a work around for now. Also, if your vehicle uses a chip key, that could be implicated. Sometimes the chips in the keys fail and/or need to be re-programmed . Other than these possibilities, an electrical diagnosis would have to be performed. YourMechanic has specialists who could certainly resolve this for you if the security system is malfunctioning.