Q: If the rear impact bar and energy bar are broken from a rear-end collision, is the car roadworthy and safe?

If a 2011 Cadillac SRX had a broken impact bar and energy absorber's from a rear end collision is this auto roadworthy or shouldn't be driven until repaired?

Hi there. The vehicle can be driven, but it will not provide any protection against another accident from the rear. If you want to be safe driving this vehicle, then the damage needs to be repaired as soon as possible.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform a safety inspection and suggest the necessary repairs to make sure your car is as safe as possible.

3. If the rear impact bar and energy bar are broken from a rear-end collision, is the car roadworthy and safe?