Q: If my car tempertaure gauge goes all the way to hot and stays there for a while even after replacing the thermostat , does the gas

My car tempertature gauge goes up all the way to hot and stays there . I had my mechanic replace the thermostat in the car and the problem is still there. Does the head gasket need to be replaced ?

Hi there:

If your Toyota Matrix is still overheating, it’s possible that the head gasket is damaged. It could also be due to a faulty water pump, air bubbles inside the coolant lines or obstruction inside the coolant lines. It’s probably best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is overheating inspection so they can determine why this is still happening.

• If my car tempertaure gauge goes all the way to hot and stays there for a while even after replacing the thermostat , does the gas