Q: I was wondering if an alternator in a 2003 Lexus ES300 can go in my 2002 Lexus EX300. The connectors are a little different.

finding interchangeable parts.

A: Hello. If the connectors are different, the...

Hello. If the connectors are different, then it is likely that the alternators are different. In some cases, the alternators may mount up similarly but will have different power outputs and capacities. Larger vehicles or vehicles with more accessories may require a higher output alternator than a smaller vehicle. I would try and source an alternator designed to fit that vehicle for best results. If you need help getting the correct part, a certified technician from YourMechanic can replace the alternator at your home or car's location using a fully compatible part.