Q: I was told that my van needs a new brain thingy and a new serpintine belt. I am wondering if it is worth fixing up.

My windsheild wipers won't turn off so I had the van in to have that fixed and they could not fix it. they said it is in the brain or computer thingy and it would cost $800.00 to fix that. and also my serpentine belt is squeeling so that needs somthing done to it too. I am willing to have it fixed if that would make the van run right again but I don't want to put the money into it if something else would just go wrong. I just don't know what to do. Do you think it is worth fixing up?

With the information you have given it would not be able to be determined if you would have any further problems after replacing the computer. Since the vehicle is over 16 years old and has over 220k miles there is always a possible chance the vehicle already has other problems.