Q: I was given a quote for a variable valve timing solenoid rePlacement. They also recommended I get and oil change and an engine flu

I was given a quote for a variable valve timing solenoid rePlacement. They also recommended I get and oil change and an engine flushe also. Do you recommend I do these also? Do these services come with your variable valve timing solenoid replacement service?

Hi Devin. Thanks for contacting us today. Any time you replace an engine monitoring component, it is recommended to replace the engine oil and filter. Completing the coolant flush is also a good idea. However, it is likely that the recommendation was made based on mileage since last services were completed. As with most mechanic shops, each service is a-la-carte, so they are not included in a package in most cases. You can request an estimate to have the VVT solenoid replaced and add the oil/filter change and coolant flush by clicking this link for starters.

3. I was given a quote for a variable valve timing solenoid rePlacement. They also recommended I get and oil change and an engine flu