Q: I want to know if it’s wise to take my car on a road trip.

Hello, I want to know if it would be safe to take my car on a long road trip. I want to drive from Nashville, TN to Albuquerque, NM. It’s is about 1,200 miles each way. I want to know if this will ruin my car, obviously it will put wear on the car. However I want to know if this will have negative and harmful effects later on and if it’s a wise choice to take the car on this trip. Thanks!

Hi Matthew. Thanks for contacting us today. Unfortunately, without knowing the current condition of your car or whether you’ve completed routine service as recommended, it’s hard to tell you if this trip would be fine. Generally speaking, as long as you’ve replaced engine oil and filter, flushed your radiator coolant and the tires are in good shape and properly balanced, you should be fine to take a trip like this. The key to traveling to New Mexico this time of year is having good tires that will handle snow and ice.

3. I want to know if it’s wise to take my car on a road trip.