Q: I used stop leak to fix a slow leak in my water pump,it worked but the car went into limp mode after it.

used the stop leak for water pump leak which was not real bad yet but every 4 or five days I put almost a half bottle of coolant in reservoir keeping coolant at maximum. but appears to have put car in limp mode. This just happen today have not had any codes check yet. is it possible the stop leak caused the computer to read a problem because of the stop leak or could it have actually caused another problem?

Stop leak in the cooling system is likely to cause more problems than it will solve. Modern cooling systems are much more finely drawn and have far smaller passages than older cars, and stop leak will jam things up. I can’t think how it would make your car go into limp home mode however, unless it was a coolant level fault.Of course a code read is in order and that should tell the story. Meanwhile, it’s clear that you need to take care of that water pump problem It may appear to be fixed, but the leak will be back. If you want some help with this, you can Contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office who can read the codes on your Jaguar and tell you what this limp home thing is all about.

3. I used stop leak to fix a slow leak in my water pump,it worked but the car went into limp mode after it.