Q: I started my car this morning and as I started down the road there was smoke coming out if the vents. The smell was like a wood fi

Smoke started coming out of the vents shortly after I started driving it. Smells like a wood fire. I called the fire department who came out disconnected the battery and shot co2 into the vents. When I got home I reconnected the battery pulled the heater fuse and ran it some even drove it a bit. No more smoke but now my abs and brake lights are on.

There are a few different things going on with your 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier. If smoke is coming from the vents the most likely cause is an electrical fire either inside the vehicle or from the engine bay, or smoke from burning oil in the engine bay. In either case the vehicle should not be driven and the root cause can be determined. Electrical fires can be caused by hidden wires rubbing together over time until the short and can be difficult to detect. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your electronic issue and ensure that your vehicle does not start smoking again.

3. I started my car this morning and as I started down the road there was smoke coming out if the vents. The smell was like a wood fi