Q: I replaced the water pump in my 97 sentra gxe. When i put it all back together, the belt would no longer move.

The other belt is running fine for the ac & alt. The job was a nightmare and took about 7 hours total. In the process i did remove a bolt that was near the water pump bottom (i had to do half the job by touch alone and i thought it was the bottom bolt for the wp but it apparently wasn't). I could not find where the bolt was supposed to go back into. Could that be my problem? The bolt has a 10mm head just like the wp and came out from around the wp, Drive shaft area but i can't see anything in there.

A: If you cannot see in the area, try using a ...

If you cannot see in the area, try using a flashlight and a mirror to see if there is a bolt in a spot where it should not be and causing something to bind up. If you lift the vehicle to look from underneath, remember to use a jack stand. Never lay under a vehicle only supported by a floor jack. Take everything back apart and start from scratch with your re-assembly. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic, if you are stumped and want the entire job performed over again by a professional. You can find more information here