Q: I need to replace rear struts and have a parts fit question.

I'm replacing rear struts and the inexpensive struts I'm buying do not come with a "bushings" kit that has several washers and bushings in it that I've seen with more expensive brands. The kits I've seen from top brands seem to be for their own brand and part number unique strut. Will any kit work with any strut as long as they are both for the same year, model, etc. or do I even need this kit?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. You should...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. You should purchase only the kit designed to be used with your struts. If you try a different brand of strut and a different brand hardware kit, then you may find they will not work together and you will still have to get the other brand's kit. Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions, or if you would like one of our certified automotive technicians to come to your car to help you replace the struts. Good luck!