Q: I just installed a new key switch cylinder into my 06 Dodge Ram and it came with two new keys but my truck won't start

I just installed a new ignition switch cylinder that come with two new keys but my truck won't start what do I do how do u set your new keys to your truck

Hi there. It really depends on what type of replacement ignition cylinder you are using. If it’s an OEM replacement part, your best bet is to purchase a service and repair manual and retrace your steps to ensure you’ve correctly installed the unit. If it’s an aftermarket component, you should retrace the steps and verify each component is correct. It is possible that you have a damaged fuse or relay that is causing the hard to start issue. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection to help you diagnose this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. I just installed a new key switch cylinder into my 06 Dodge Ram and it came with two new keys but my truck won't start