Q: I just had the harmonic balancer replaced and now the car is overheating.

Could my car overheating be caused by the harmonic balancer being incorrectly replaced? Should I take it back to my mechanic for a second look?

Most likely the harmonic balancer is not the reason for why the car is overheating. It is more likely something to do with the cooling fan or a part of the cooling system, such as the thermostat.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to check the cooling systemfor any malfunctioning that is leading to the overheating.

• I just had the harmonic balancer replaced and now the car is overheating.