Q: I just had a new alternator belt put in now I here a very loud rattling nose , what could it be? It gets louder when I excelerat

Every time I excelerate the rattle sound gets louder. It started after my alternator belt was changed.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If this happened right after the belt was installed then it probably has something to do with that installation. However, there is the possibility of a simple coincidence; things can happen and parts do fail. I would have the noise investigated by a qualified technician to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an engine noise inspection.