Q: I just had a new alternator belt put in now I here a very loud rattling nose , what could it be? It gets louder when I excelerat

Every time I excelerate the rattle sound gets louder. It started after my alternator belt was changed.

Hi there. If this happened right after the belt was installed then it probably has something to do with that installation. However, there is the possibility of a simple coincidence; things can happen and parts do fail. I would have the noise investigated by a qualified technician to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an engine noise inspection.