Q: I just changed my oil the other day and it is already showing that i need more oil.

I just changed my oil and added a big bottle of 5w-30 oil. I drove 3 hours the to pick up my friend at the airport. on the way home my red oil light came back on. i checked the dip stick and it says I am low on oil. Before i left for my friend the oil level was well above the full line. Could my engine be leaking? From where? Thanks.

Hello There! This suggests you may have a leak resulting from a failing gasket somewhere in your engine. As you know, there are many different places in your motor that are sealed by gaskets. I would suggest narrowing this down by placing a piece of cardboard underneath the vehicle when parking it at night to test for a couple of things. Number one, does it leak when the motor is not running or otherwise under pressure and two, approximately where under the vehicle does the leak come from. Gaskets can fail over time due to excessive heat and will eventually shrink causing them to fail and leak. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your oil leak.

3. I just changed my oil the other day and it is already showing that i need more oil.