Q: My AC works most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't turn on. Is this normal, or will this get worse?What could be wrong?

asked by on October 08, 2017

My AC turns on sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I usually turn it off and run the car for a few minutes until it decides to turn on. I have had this problem before with another car and I didn't do anything about but it kept getting worse. This has just started to happen with my new car and I don't want it to get worse. Is the compressor bad or what are some possible solutions?

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote

Hi Julissa. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several possibilities here, ranging from a damaged AC actuator, loose electrical connections or a damaged AC control module. Since there are multiple possibilities that could be causing the AC to not work all the time, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete an AC not working inspection to determine what repairs are needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr