i just brought an new alternator for my car a couple days ago and had it put on then somehow when i crank the the car the battery

I just brought a alternator a couple days ago and had it put on then somehow my battery light comes on and the dashboard read "Check Charging System". Therefore when I start driving and give it some gas it goes away but when I slow down for a stop sign it'll pop back up...could anyone help with this issue im having??

The battery should be load tested to determine if it is usable. A degraded battery, or one with an internal short, will cause charging system problems. If the battery only marginally passes the load test, replace it outright to reduce diagnostic headaches. Once you have a confirmed good battery, the output of the charging system should be tested and compared again the service manual spec. If you desire both services, simply request the load test and the responding certified mechanic will assist you right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.