Q: I have had to replace my fans twice with in tqo months time they keep burning up!!.what could be causing this?

I have a 2001 Volkswagen. Jetta i have replace all the fuses except the larger ones. I have had to replace my fans twice with in a 2 month period. .had it replaced again just yesterday. .burned up today. ..what could be causing this

Wow, that must be frustrating! I have a couple thoughts on your VW fan issue. First, I’m wondering if the fans are sourced from VW or are a lesser quality than original equipment.

Secondly, I’d be interested to know if the actual fan "motor" burned up, or the connector. A burned/melted connector is an indication of high resistance at the connection as being the problem. A burned up motor indicates junk motor.

VW uses a fan control module (FCM) in this system and that may be a factor here. A VW experienced technician can diagnose the issue with your fans and repair your Jetta. If you’d like help, YourMechanic has technicians that will come out and perform the repair at your home or workplace.

3. I have had to replace my fans twice with in tqo months time they keep burning up!!.what could be causing this?