Q: I have break pads that I want installed on my 2010 acura tl

I get a sort of vibration I feel when applying breaks and was told it might be the abs driving application.

It is unlikely that the vibration is due to an ABS malfunction. If you do suspect that, remove the fuse powering the ABS system and test drive the car. More likely than not, the vibration will be unchanged even with ABS out of the picture. Vibration on braking is typically due to excessive thickness variation in the brake rotor, pad defects, or excessive rotor runout as installed on the hub. Thickness variation on a rotor can NOT exceed .001 inches (one-fourth the thickness of a human hair), otherwise you will feel vibration on braking and pedal pulsation. Furthermore, as installed on the wheel hub, rotor run-out must be measured by the mechanic using a dial indicator and verified to be less than .002 inches (one-half the thickness of a hair). If run-out exceeds .002 inches, the run-out must be corrected by shimming or re-indexing the rotor. Pads cannot be installed on used rotors or the pads will quickly develop irregular wear. Rotors must be resurfaced or replaced preferably with OEM (dealer supplied) rotors. To have the root cause of the brake vibration identified, and obtain an estimate of the cost of restoring your brakes to like new condition, please request a brake and suspension system diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have break pads that I want installed on my 2010 acura tl