Q: I have an old 77 Maverick and when the car is idlingoing there is a faint scraping sound inside on the engine I'm guessing. It is

My car is very old. I know I need to get the engine completely fixed. It honestly has been sitting at home while I have been at college. Oil is good. Transmission fluid is good. There is leaking..lots of it just foward of my oil pan. Smells kind of like gas. Also there is a faint scraping sound. Not wining not knocking. It's like metal scraping in a circle motion around another metal?

Hi there. Typically when you hear metal grinding while the motor runs, it is most often caused by a drive belt pulley that has worn out and needs to be replaced. It is also possible that the water pump is damaged. In order to determine what needs to be repaired on your Maverick, you should probably have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection.

3. I have an old 77 Maverick and when the car is idlingoing there is a faint scraping sound inside on the engine I'm guessing. It is