Q: I have an automatic transmission Impala and the sifter wont shift out of park

I went to leave work today and my car wont shift out of park. the shifter just wont budge,

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2009 Chevrolet Impala to be unable to shift from park. The most common causes are the shift interlock solenoid, neutral safety switch, brake switch, transmission shift linkage, or a wiring harness fault. In many cases your vehicle will have a emergency button that will allow the shifter to be moved. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car will not shift out of park and make any repairs required.

• I have an automatic transmission Impala and the sifter wont shift out of park