Q: Q: Steering column

Someone tried to steal my steering wheel and know it wont turn over or I cant get the wheel to turn, I believe they messed up the pins inside the ignition and I don't know if I need a new steering column or just to replace the switch

Hi There, Depending on the damage done to the steering column, you may need to replace the steering column or possibly the steering column actuator. There are mechanical levers in your vehicle that move when the ignition key is turned. If the car was attempted to be stolen, there is a good chance that any of the internal components inside the steering column may have been damaged. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Steering column