Q: I have an 04 altima when I try to excelerate the car car jerks and jumps bad I had it towed thought it was cv axle but it wasn't .

asked by on December 02, 2017

Started car one day tried to take off and it started jerking and felt like it had no power. Does the same thing in reverse but not half as bad. Somebody said bad tranny but who knows.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The fault is probably engine related. Loss of power on acceleration can be due to plugged fuel injectors, faulty oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks including that caused by a faulty EGR system, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or becomes clogged), a faulty airflow sensor or throttle position sensor, and so forth. To pinpoint the exact cause will require an engine loss of power diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.