Q: I have a Nissan Sentra 2011 and I noticed Security Indicator Light is always on when car is locked ? Is that normal?

I have a Nissan Sentra 2011 and I noticed Security Indicator Light is always on when car is locked ? Is that normal? However it goes off when car is started? So is that normal to be On ALWAYS when car is parked?

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The anti-theft system is absolutely supposed to be on when the vehicle is off and locked. The vehicle assumes you are away from it, and at this point it needs to be protected. Your owner’s manual will have more information on the system and how it works. If you suspect that the system is malfunctioning, you will want to have it inspected. However, with what you are describing, it should be working just fine. For any further help with the security system or future repairs, contact our service department.