Q: Catalytic converter issue?

Yes, my car was driving fine without no problems, and later on when driving yesterday; my car strarted slowing down on it's own. Also making noise like it was something clogging my gas pipe. But after it stopped. Later on I went to start it up it would come on without a problem with no check engine light , it would start up just fine but shortly afterwards it would cut off on it's own again. I was wondering if it could be that it needs to be relearned? I need some help. Asap

Hi There, There are a number of things that can cause the engine to slow down or otherwise struggle to run as you have described, however what you are describing sounds like you may have a clogged catalytic converter. The catalytic converter converts toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants that are suitable to be expelled into the atmosphere. When the catalytic converter is clogged, this causes these gases to be backed up into the exhaust system not allowing the engine to breathe properly. When this happens, the engine is forced to work much harder to expel these gases. This often results in the engine bogging down, hesitating, shaking and causing very poor fuel economy. This should also cause a check engine light to come on as the O2 sensors should be reading the incorrect amounts of oxygen in the exhaust gases if this is your problem. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your catalytic converter.