Q: I have a 99 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. .I am experiencing a loud ticking noise and at lights sometimes and especially when I shu

I have a 99 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo three days ago it started ticking and sometimes when I'm at a light and especially when I cut it off white smoke comes out of the hood...now about a year and a half ago I had my engine completely rebuilt however to accidents by people with no insurance caused front end damage and I've been putting coolant in every three or four days since I need my vehicle and No I need an additional one or replacement however with the holidays I just don't have a ton to invest Im wanting some honest input on what it may be and if worth fixing just to get me by a few more months

A: Hi there: If you’re loosing coolant, but d...

Hi there:

If you’re loosing coolant, but don’t see it leaking on the ground, it’s possible that it might be leaking internally inside the motor. This could be a serious engine issue that should be inspected as soon as possible. Having a professional mechanic complete an engine is shutting off or stalling inspection first will allow a professional mechanic to inspect and diagnose what’s really wrong with your Cherokee; so that the right repairs can be made. If the vehicle is seriously damaged, our professional mechanics will tell you the truth about cost estimates and whether it’s better to sell this vehicle and move onto a different vehicle.