Q: I have a 96 avalon and brskes are completely worn if you press on brake car won't stop also parking brake won't stop the car I'm a

The brake on my 96 Avalon are worn out no stopping no parking brake im afraid of what it might cost if the whole system needs replacing. what is the most something like this is to fix and is it possible to just do the front axel or do both need to be serviced.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The amount of damage to the brake system will determine how much work needs to be done. It is unlikely that the entire system needs to be replaced. There is normal wear and tear that is solved with regular maintenance, and there are other more severe damages that can occur as well. With that being said, you likely need new pads and rotors, and a good brake fluid flush. It that does not help the braking improve enough (because it will make a difference), then there are further steps that we can take. An inspection needs to be done first in order to determine what needs to be done. Then a quote can be prepared. You will pay for parts, diagnostics, and labor with most technicians and companies. For more help resolving the issue, and to obtain a quote, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• I have a 96 avalon and brskes are completely worn if you press on brake car won't stop also parking brake won't stop the car I'm a