Q: I have a 88 v20 Chevy 4x4 w/3 gears + granny . when I try to shift my shifter locks up n my clutch won't move n my brake pedal

I go to shift gears n my shifter won't move my clutch won't move n my brake pedal also freezes up and don't move or stop my truck , u have to turn the engine off to get the clutch to engage the shifter and brake pedal .it very scary to drive.

Both the brake and clutch systems will have to be inspected. If you have power brakes, once the "reserve" is exhausted, when the engine is off, brake effort will be really high so you might be experiencing that. With regard to the clutch, you might need internal repairs (pressure plate, release bearing, etc.) but all that will depend on the results on an on-site diagnostic. Also, the condition of the transmission will have to be considered. To request service on the clutch, please use YourMechanic’s clutch system diagnostic service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 88 v20 Chevy 4x4 w/3 gears + granny . when I try to shift my shifter locks up n my clutch won't move n my brake pedal