Q: I have a 2013 Impala and the daytime running light don't work, but if I turn them on manually they work. What could be the issue?

My daytime running lights dont work. You can set most new vehicles lights on automatic, off or on. Mine only work in the on setting.

If the bulbs and DRL fuse have been ruled out as possible causes, the daytime running light relay or control module may be at fault. Even though the same lights are used as headlights, the DRL function is controlled by a separate module and it may have failed. The ignition switch is another possible cause. Currently, daytime running lights are not required by law in the United States. They are an added safety feature many manufacturers choose to add. If no other issues are occurring, you can leave it alone. If you choose to repair them, have a certified technician look into why the daytime running lights are not working to find and replace the exact cause.

3. I have a 2013 Impala and the daytime running light don't work, but if I turn them on manually they work. What could be the issue?