Q: I have a 2008 Honda Element this morning my dad and I turn the car on with the AC off let it idle for a little bit then turn the A

the air conditioning was turned on immediately the pressure relief valve released a burst of refrigerant which Spilled Out on the ground and then it reached sealed itself what could cause this to turn on a relief pressure like that every now and then

The system will have to be inspected, using pressure gauges on the high and low side, and other tools, in order to determine the exact cause. The relevant service to request is YourMechanic’s a/c system inspection/diagnostic. To give you an indication of possibilities, though, you would have these two, at least: 1) the relief valve is defective; and/or 2) the system pressure is indeed too high due to overcharging, trapped air in the system, blockages or a compressor/compressor controls malfunction. When the mechanic applies pressure gauges that should give him a good initial indication of what is going on. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2008 Honda Element this morning my dad and I turn the car on with the AC off let it idle for a little bit then turn the A