Q: Any problem will occur in engine performance? Running long time with ABS light warning.

Any problem will occur in engine performance? Running long time with ABS light warning.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help. An ABS fault will not effect engine performance. It will however, effect the anti-lock portion of your brakes. Your brakes will function like normal brakes except in slippery conditions or full-on braking, the wheels may lock up causing a loss of braking control. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this light for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.