Q: I drove my car, the car wouldnt turn off, and then when I got it to turn off it won't turn on. The dashboard lights come on but wo

asked by on November 23, 2017

I drove my car in the morning to pick up a coworker, and my car wouldn't shut off because I had to leave work. When I got home, it wouldn't shut off I asked my husband, and he couldn't get it either so he finnally got it off, and now it won't turn on.. the lights come on but won't start at all. Could it be a misfire? It's in the shop now but he said it's a cylender.

It would most likely be caused by a bad ignition key cylinder or ignition switch. If you could not turn key to off then the lock cylinder may be binding or the ignition switch is bad.