Q: I have a 2007 Mini Cooper le and recently I have a diminished check engine light. Car runs fine but my turbo no longer seems to work.

The car has been running fine doesn't leak oil doesn't smoke doesn't burn oil the other day I had to use sport mode to pass somebody five minutes later I got a half yellow check engine light which I guess is diminished power indicator but car runs fine but it seems like the turbo no longer works I can get to highway speed no problem it shifts fine I was driving at 98 mph today though doing so carefully and slowly not by slamming my foot on the acelerator I have pulled the plugs check them all they've been replaced in the last 5000 miles plugs are clean no oil no carbon buildup oil& filter changed. I use premium gas. And there no fault codes. And no previous stored codes. Should I do a " battery" reset ??? And what does " cycle key 40times"mean and how do I do it ?? If nessicary.....

Hi there. Usually when a check engine light is on half and the other half is black, that is usually an indication for the gas cap not sealing properly. Check the gas cap seal and see if it’s cracked, distorted, or has a buildup on it. If the cap does have a crack or more, is distorted, or has buildup on it, then I recommend replacing the gas cap and resetting the engine light with a scanner or removing the battery cables and putting them back on.

If you need further assistance with your check engine light issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 2007 Mini Cooper le and recently I have a diminished check engine light. Car runs fine but my turbo no longer seems to work.