Q: I have a 2005 Buick Ranier. I backed out of my driveway and the car won't get out of neutral on the dashboard. I moved the gearshi

I was backing out of my driveway this morning and when I went to shift from reverse to drive I couldn't. The gear on the dashboard showed neutral but all I could do was move the gearshift to park. The car started up again ok but gearshift will not budge from park

Modern vehicles are equipped with a shifter inter-lock system that prevents the shifter from being moved unless the brake pedal is depressed. If any part of that system has failed or out of adjustment, the shifter may not move. If the ignition switch, inter-lock linkage, or even the shifter mechanism itself have a fault, the shifter may not move. Since there are several possible causes, it may be best to have a certified technician look into why the [shifter will not move from Park}(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-does-not-shift-from-park-to-drive-inspection) to find the exact cause.

3. I have a 2005 Buick Ranier. I backed out of my driveway and the car won't get out of neutral on the dashboard. I moved the gearshi