I have a 2003 Acura TL type S and it is experiencing star...

Q: I have a 2003 Acura TL type S and it is experiencing starting issues. The spark plugs have been replaced with NGK plugs and the co

asked by on June 02, 2017

I have a 2003 Acura TL type S and it is experiencing starting issues in the warmer temperatures. The spark plugs have been recently replaced with NGK plugs and the coil packs. All the parts under the hood original. Does this car have an ignition control module or ignitior? Can it be the CPS

Hi there. The Acura has an ignition control module, but I would suspect that your starting issues in hotter weather are fuel system related and not with the ignition system. As the weather heats, the ability for fuel and air to correctly mix into the correct vapor is reduced. When this occurs, any obstructions in the fuel system (typically carbon deposits) will either make the vapor too rich or too lean. I would recommend focusing your efforts on the fuel system and start by cleaning or replacing your fuel injectors throttle body, EGR valve, or mass air flow sensor for starters.