Q: I have a 2002 gmc yukon v8. while im accelerating and revving there is a chirp like sound that comes from under the hood.

When I'm driving and when the engine is revving there is a chirp under the hood. When revving the chirp continues. No chirp or unusual sound when just idling. When driving the chirping doesn't seem to happen all the time. Serpentine belt was replaced a few months back. The sound "seems" to be coming near the front or top of the engine. Where u guys think I should start to find out where the sound is coming from? I'm a diy kind of guy and could use some help. Thanks!

Hi Edward. If the serpentine belt was replaced, but the belt tensioner or pulley’s were not replaced, that would be the first place I would look. A great way to diagnose any noise under the hood that happens while throttle is applied is to grab an assistant to gradually increase throttle (WHILE IN PARK AND PARKING BRAKE SET) with the hood up and try to isolate the source of the noise. From that point, once the vehicle is turned off, you can fine-tune your search. If you’d like a professional mechanic to come by to help isolate this issue, let us know and we’d be happy to assist.

3. I have a 2002 gmc yukon v8. while im accelerating and revving there is a chirp like sound that comes from under the hood.