Q: I have a 2001 Spyder GT that has not been running properly. I replaced the cap, rotor, wires, plugs, and plenum gasket

The car seems like theres a lifter sticking but after you run it for a minute, it smooths out and idles normally. When you shift it into gear in either drive or reverse, the car will lose rpm and runs rough and shake. On the road when you accelerate, it starts off in first relatively normal but after that there is a big lack of power. You can put the pedal to the floor and nothing will happen besides it might shift down a gear or bog out and sputter. It runs about the same with or with out the mass air flow sensor plugged in and I believe an O2 sensor is bad. Ive also had the timing chain done and the water pump. Any help would be appreciated because I have more money into the car than its worth and I don't want to keep throwing money at every possible problem. Basically, the car has no power. Shakes at low rpm. And it starts noisy until it warms up

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. A bad O2 sensor ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. A bad O2 sensor can cause the car to run this way simply on its own. I would start with replacing this and if it continues to run this way, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose this issue by using a scanning tool to download any codes the computer has registered which will point to more specific detail as to the problem. From there, we will then make repairs or recommend what to do.