Q: I have a 05 mountaineer premier 4.6l engine that's never had transmission fluid changed. I'm at 197k miles. Should I have it flush

I have a 05 mountaineer premier 4.6l engine that's never had transmission fluid changed. I'm at 197k miles. Should I have it flushed or should I have the pan dropped and new fluid and filter installed

If you have never had a service done then i would only recommend having the pan removed and fluid drained from converter. If you replace the filter and fluid is better than flushing it out. Flushing may break apart any build up of clutch material and cause it to get into the filter and clog the system.

3. I have a 05 mountaineer premier 4.6l engine that's never had transmission fluid changed. I'm at 197k miles. Should I have it flush