Q: My back tires won't rotate when I try to back up the back driver side wheel starts to feel like it's raising

asked by on October 01, 2017

Yesterday when I was trying to back up the back tires didn't seem to want to rotate. When I tried to back up the back driver side tire felt like it was raising the car. The car felt stuck, it also happened when I tried to go in drive. Eventually i could feel a release and the car seems to be working fine both in drive and reverse but I am wondering what could have gone wrong in the first place

Hello, thank you for writing in. There may be one of several issues going on. To start, this may be an issue of the parking brake not releasing. This should be inspected by a brake specialist, or by someone who is at least familiar with the system. Secondly, you may have an issue with the transmission not allowing the wheels to release and respond to the engine. Pay attention to the feeling of the gear changing. If it seems as if the gears are engaging like normal, focus on the parking brake. For more help with an inspection and possible repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.