Q: I had to change the valve cover on my 2013 chevy cruz will my check engine light go off on its own or is there something I have to

I had to change the valve cover on my 2013 chevy cruz, will my check engine light go off on its own or is there something I have to do?

Hi Savanna. When the ECU detects a fault and triggers the check engine light - or any other warning light, it stores an error code in the ECU that needs to be removed by having a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection.

3. I had to change the valve cover on my 2013 chevy cruz will my check engine light go off on its own or is there something I have to