Q: I can start the car it comes on as normal but when i press the gas the car wont move

I need to know is my transmission gone bad or is thr fluid just to low or can it be another problem because a week ago i could start the car but i had to push the petal over and over before it moved then 3days ago i couldnt reverse at all now today it wont back or foward i thought it was a gas problem but now im unsure of everything

Hi there:

If your engine will rev but when you shift into forward gear it doesn’t move anywhere, then the problem is almost certainly in the transmission. The first step would be to have the engine and transmission control modules scanned by a professional mechanic to determine if there are any fault codes stored in the computer. You should have the transmission problem diagnosed by a mobile mechanic from YourMechanic.com.

• I can start the car it comes on as normal but when i press the gas the car wont move