Q: i am buying a catless downpipe for my cadillac ats 2.o t awd. will this set off any check engine lights

asked by on March 11, 2018

Purchasing a zzp catless downpipe and was curious if that would set a check engine light

If you remove the catalytic converter, the check engine light will turn on and it will turn on even if you retain the downstream oxygen sensor that is on your car. Under almost all circumstances, Federal EPA requirements do not permit removal of the converter, even if the claimed use is "off road". Of course, consult with the appropriate agency in your locale to obtain full details.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr