2001 Hyundai Elntra GLS. Seat belt warning - no chime, no...

2001 Hyundai Elntra GLS. Seat belt warning - no chime, no light on the dash, altho the lamp prbly burnt out as did my chk eng light which I replaced. Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs? ...

2001 Hyundai Elntra GLS. Seat belt warning - no chime, no light on the dash, altho the lamp prbly burnt out as did my chk eng light which I replaced. Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs? I don't know which fuse is S/B but all fuses look intact, even in the fuse block under the hood. Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Hyundai? Elntra GLS 4 door sedan Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? I bought it in 2016 so to verify the previous owner didn't disable, I lifted the drivers seat, all plugs connected and sensor is attached and dropped the dash apron under the steering wheel to inspect the door chime, which functions with the key in the ignition. I intend to bring it to my mechanic but I want to eliminate or identify the fix and if it's worth the $'s getting it fixed Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? This occurs with both passenger and driver seats

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. I’m really sorry that you’re having this issue and I’m going to help you through it, but please understand that I (respectfully) don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us to diagnose/repair your vehicle. Also, understand that I can't see, smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience/understanding is appreciated. Please allow me up to 10 minutes to gather schematics and other pertinent information for this issue. I do not know anything about the fees or charge so please if you have any concerns, direct them to customer service. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Thank you. check fise #2 under the dash
Automotive Expert
here's the location. (pic attached)

Fuse #2 is cluster and is good
Automotive Expert
fuse 2 is etacs. and it controls the chime for the seat belt. you either have a bad switch in the buckle or the wire between the switch and ETACS is broken.

Am calling
Automotive Expert
see attached schematics. I do not do phone calls.

It must be circuit after the seat sensors since both seats do not trigger the alert.
Automotive Expert
only the driver's seat belt is involved.. see if that fuse has 12 volts to it. the [passengers seat belt does not set off the chime one way or the other

Pdf won't open on my phone. Let me take it inside on my tablet
Automotive Expert
please look at the schematic that I ent so you can have an understanding of how it works
Automotive Expert
ok
Automotive Expert
Phone call session started

Hey remember me, seat belt alert 2001 Hyundai Elntra... it was a dirty contact in the buckle socket. I shot it w/a bunch of contact cleaner, ran through a piece of T shirt on a thin metal strip then hit it with canned air.I mean it is practically buried in the seat cushion, and living in my car for over 1,100 days it's no wonder it was jammed with crud... mostly food crumbs and stuffNow I need an alarm stopper clip plug for when I'm idling with the heat or a/c on waiting up to 2 hours for my wife. LolThanks. You were a big help