Q: How to install coolant bypass hose? 1989 Dodge RAM 50

Very small space to work in. No room to push hose on fitting. Anything to remove to make install easier. Heater hoses have been removed.

Hi - replacing the bypass hose on this engine requires removal of the engine fan and fan shroud, alternator (disconnect battery, and roll alternator to the rear while leaving wires connected), and the AC compressor (unbolt from mounts and swing to the side - without disconnecting refrigerent hoses). For assistance, I recommend a bypass hose replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, make this somewhat tricky repair, and get you back on the road again.