Q: Is there a way to check the ignition timing on my 1999 Chevy Malibu without disassembly?

Want to check my timing without taking it apart.....doesnt seem to be timing light capable

There is no distributor on your Malibu, instead there are individual coil packs. Ignition timing is adjusted by the power train control module (PCM). You can check timing with a timing light or scan tool, but you will not be able to adjust it. If your engine is running poorly, I suggest having a professional diagnose it. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.

3. Is there a way to check the ignition timing on my 1999 Chevy Malibu without disassembly?