Q: How to check fuel pump control module on a 2016 tundra

asked by on September 14, 2017

Fuel pump not workin . Trailer harness shorted out burned on frame suspect fuel pump control module wires burned closed to module and shorted . Checked and replaced fuses changed frame harness , sealed fuel pump relay

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You can power the pump directly to ensure it actually works. If the pump works, and you have carefully repaired all damaged wiring, components, terminals, grounds and so forth, and yet the pump won’t run in the circuit you would have to either use a Toyota Techstream scanner to verify the signals from the PCM to the ECU or substitute a known good ECU to rule that component (the ECU) in or out. The ECU very, very rarely fails, however you have referred to a possible short circuit in the vicinity of the component so of course the unusual circumstance does raise some suspicions. If you desire a diagnostic, where a mechanic would use the appropriate scanner, the relevant one to request is an electrical circuit/component diagnostic. If you request that, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.