Q: How necessary is it to repair the wastegate?

Thank you guys for the great explanation, it saved me $110 from not going to a dealership. And I realized my Wastegate is the problem. But my question is,"how bad can it be if I don't immediately replace the Wastegate. The waste gate is shut by the way. And I'm not feeling all of the power I should. Anyways hope to hear from you soon. Thanks! -Chancey chancey.wyrosdic1998@gmail.com

A: This can create problems with fuel economy ...

This can create problems with fuel economy and boost production when accelerating. This may also create excessive heat as well due to the turbo's inability to release excess pressure which may cause further engine or turbo damage.

I would suggest having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to properly diagnose the loss of power and repair your turbo.