Q: How much to replace oil gaskets on a 1998 Dodge Dakota V8 Magnum 4WD

Changed my oil in November. Had my brother check my fluids just last week. Truck was running funny. He saw that the oil was almost out. Only a thousand miles on oil change. Had never been low on oil before. He thinks gaskets need replaced. Oil on the oil pan. I put a couple quarts in. Still has oil for three days now. Or smoking or no oil on the ground where I park.

Hello - oil leaks can be simple - valve cover gasket drooling all over the plugs/coils/wires, etc. or sneaky. A leaky front crankshaft seal will slobber oil all over the bottom of the truck. A leaking rear main crankshaft seal, which can also occur with a blocked crankcase ventilation system, will also spray oil underneath, but not show as a drip in your driveway - pretty-much only occurs while driving. I recommend a oil leak inspection to first determine when the oil is leaking from, performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. How much to replace oil gaskets on a 1998 Dodge Dakota V8 Magnum 4WD