Q: How many hours of labor could I expect for changing the oil gasket on a 2001 Lexus GS 350

Female co-worker stated a $350 charge for changing her oil pan gasket. That sounded high to me but I wanted to get a second opinion. Thank you.

Hi there:

Removing an oil pan gasket is not as simple as it once was. On many modern vehicles, there are multiple sensors and other components that need to be removed in order to drain the oil and remove filter, remove the oil pan, remove and clean the old gasket, inspect the oil pan for damage, clean the oil pan, install the new gasket and check for leaks once adding new oil and filter. The price quote seems a bit on the high side, but is within reason if the work was completed at a shop; or if there was additional work needed to ensure the job was done correctly. You can always compare pricing by requesting a quote from YourMechanic.com for this service.

3. How many hours of labor could I expect for changing the oil gasket on a 2001 Lexus GS 350